Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Assignment 4b: Song Critiques

Below are the transcribed audio reflections for each person I was to critique. Let's listen to some music!


Michael Stevens' Song:

This assignment was very difficult for me. In case anyone was wondering, I’ve officially crossed off musician/audio producer/ANYTHING remotely related to creating music off my back-up career list. That being declared, I have to give MAJOR kudos to Michael’s song. I remember listening to it in lab and being very impressed. Now, listening to it again to write about it, I’m still impressed. The speed of the song was relaxing. And the melody that was created seemed full— it had a clear beginning, middle, and end. Great job, Michael Music-Makin’ Stevens.

Tanner Simmons' Song:

From what I understood, Tanner used all original sound effects and synth recordings. Again- I am impressed. Wow. Tanner’s song was very smooth and had interesting rhythm patterns. The overall pitch of his song never strayed too low or high, and so created a soothing melody. Great job at creating by DJ Tanner- his song could run circles around mine any day.

Kramer Lewis' Song:

I really liked Kramer's song. The mandolin-types of instrument that is constant throughout the song carried it very well. The rhythm and melody all layered together very well to create a beat that I can't help but bob my head along to (still doing it now- the song is infectious). Again, I am amazed at what can be created with the simplicity of GarageBand. Awesome song.

Click here to listen to the actual audio critique of all these awesome songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment